Technology in Our Schools
The use of technology is continually advancing Newport News Public Schools (NNPS) into the 21st Century. The ultimate goal of our investment in technology is to ensure that students can access, assimilate, apply and adapt to existing and emerging technologies as life-long learners in a global community. When this occurs, NNPS will produce graduates who are able to understand and use technology to reach their full potential in life.
Need help getting your students logged in to Google on Chromebooks? Need help with Google Classroom or Sites? Learn more!
Your ability to access information and collaborate with your colleagues on the go is now a workplace necessity. Go to NNPS SharePoint.
View a brief overview of Windows 10 with tips and tricks as well as highlights of the newest features. Learn more about Windows 10.
Don't be intimidated by the new Office 2016! There are many features that haven't changed and some update you will love. Learn more about Office 2016.
(757) 881-5461 x.12100
Submit a Help Desk Work Order
Here are some helpful tips for new users:
- Verify or add details about your location.
- Select the "Problem Type" icon that best describes your issue.
- Provide a detailed description of your problem or request.
- Enter the NNPS tag number of the device you're having a problem with (enter 9999 if NNPS tag is N/A).
- Attach any relevant documents (request forms, screenshots, error messages) that you'd like the technician to see.
- Click the "Submit" button.
Questions? Contact your school/site Technology Support Specialist (TSS) or call the Technology Help Desk at 881-5461 x.12411.
More Help Options
- SIS Help Desk: Student Information System
- MUNIS Help Desk: Payroll, Purchasing, etc.
- Web Requests: School and district website changes
NNPS Software Self-Service Portal
To log in, please use your NNPS network user name (firstname.lastname) and password. The "Downloads" tab will contain software available for you to download and install. You can search on software by title, vendor, or label. Please only download and install software that you require.
Technology Knowledge Base
To search the Technology Knowledge Base, please enter a search term (such as "email") to get a list of documents that may answer your question.